Tips and tricks to help your candle live it’s best life!
- Coconut Soy wax is extremely sensitive to temperature change whether that’s hot or cold. If your candle is left out in the cold the wax will begin to separate from the jar, and if your candle is exposed to warm temperatures it can begin to sweat leaving a wet oily residue on top. Both of these conditions will not effect the quality of your candle, but please try to keep your candle at room temperature and not sitting directly in the sun!
- The first burn is SO important, let your candle burn for a couple of hours to melt the top layer of wax all the way to the sides of the jar. This will prevent a tunnel from forming which could make it difficult for your wick to breathe. For our 8oz candles this is 1-2 hours, for our 14oz candles this is 3-4 hours.
- Trim your wooden wick before each time you light your candle, keep it trimmed to 1/8″ for the best results. You can trim your wick with scissors, nail clippers or even break off the charred bits on top with your fingers…. I just use my fingers!
- Try not to burn your candle longer than 4 hours at a time, burning too long with reduce the longevity of your candle!
- Do NOT leave your candle unattended!