Tips and tricks to help your candle live it’s best life!
Coconut Soy wax is extremely sensitive to temperature change whether that’s hot or cold. If your candle is left out in the cold for too long, the wax will begin to separate from the jar. And if your candle is exposed to very warm temperatures it can begin to sweat leaving a wet oily residue on top. Both of these characteristics will not effect the quality of your candle, but please try to keep your candle at room temperature.
The first burn is SO important, let your candle burn for a couple of hours to melt the top layer of wax all the way to the sides of the jar. This will prevent a tunnel from forming which could make it difficult for your wick to breathe. For our 8oz candles this is 1-2 hours, for our 14oz candles this is 3-4 hours.
Trim your wooden wick before each time you light your candle, breaking off the charred piece on top will allow your flame to breathe. You can trim your wick with scissors, or even break it off with your fingers!
Try not to burn your candle longer than 4 hours at a time, burning too long will reduce the longevity of your candle!